Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Cheese Stands Alone.


Tavern Candles (by Gurley), Martha Stewart collects these!


I was thrilled to find this. $5! I listed it tonight and had a bid within 5 minutes. I sort of want to keep it, but David is convincing me to send it on its way... I will use this to finance my Par-Tay Girlfriend Trip later this month!


Word to the wise: The Cheese Stands Alone.



OK, I'm back on my game. For the last 48 hours I've been listing items like a fiend on eBay! All the old stuff, that I sort of loved, it's all on the way out. Yes, I value space in the closet over sentiment. Also, I'm just less lazy than I was for the last few months.

I'm also getting back into the saddle with Estate Sales. I went to two today. My expectations were low, since I was hitting them on day two instead of my usual practice of being one of the first in line. But with the kids home for Spring Break, I just couldn't break away for Friday sales.

Anyway, first house was owned by elderly cat fancier. There was cat stuff everywhere... Franklin Mint collectible sets in glass cases, amateur art cat paintings, Garfield stuffed animals, cat books, cat mugs, cat clothing. It was an almost empty sale, so the Estate Sale guy followed me around asking if I wanted anything. Nope.

Second sale, was in a fancy house, and was filled with art. Real art. Hockney, Pissaro, etchings, engravings, oils, all in the multi-thousand price range. But I found the goods.... the Gurley/Tavern Choir Boy candles and the Fisher Price Farmer in the Dell Music Box. I also found a magical third item... but I'll post those pictures next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember having those choir angels when we were growing up in Dallas. There may even be one or two tucked away someplace, their colors fading fast.