Friday, November 23, 2007

Catching Up

It's been hard to continue my eBay/estate sale work now that I have REAL work competing for my time. But today, during this nice long weekend, there was an estate sale just a few blocks (toward the nice side) of my neighborhood. I headed over and stood outside before 9 with all the people who are starting to look familiar to me.

We are all people who would rather be pawing through someone else's moldy old belongings than at any store on "Black Friday". Happily I did no other shopping other than two estate sales. (Don't worry family, you won't get old stuff for Christmas -- unless I think it's perfect for you!)


Poodle Dog Trash Can. It's kind of dingy because it needs a good cleaning. But I'm just not interested in cleaning stuff!


For some reason, I keep finding these Dymo label makers lately.
I found one in its original box today.


Very pretty Ohio Art click gun. Joey has fallen for this big time.


Oh yeah.


OK the best part of the many gift boxes I got today (besides the fact that I can remember receiving gifts in very similar ones when I was a kid...) is the photo to the right. The item is a huge gift bag. I don't know which one of that couple is the receiver, but if I got a huge big package like that and it contained a wooden stool, I would not be a good subject for a Hallmark photo shoot! Plus the stool is about 1/3 the size of that bag....WTF?

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh my - I can totally remember pushing that little doorbell down and hearing the "ding ding!".

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to stop reading your blog, Kathy. I think the Fisher Price house is mine. I sold it, or gave it away, when we moved. I had one when I was little (the door bells rings!). It's making me realize I need to hold onto my things. Now I am depressed.